Members of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D have been very active in hosting and convening conferences and workshops in the field of ICT4D. These include major international events, smaller workshops, conference sessions, and serving on the boards of conferences. Some highlights of our activities include the following:
Conferences and high-level workshops convened by the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D
- ICTD 2010. The UNESCO Chair in ICT4D was delighted to have been invited to host and convene the ICTD 2010 conference. This attracted some 520 people from 50 countries. Thanks to the generosity of our 10 sponsors and 20 partners we were able to support 92 participants with full or partial scholarships, and also to provide a lively social programme. There were 41 sessions, 35 posters, 18 demos, 2 hands on workshops, and 2 keynote addresses by Sir Tim Berners-Lee and Prof Geoff Walsham (Post-conference report).
- Phone, data and mobile money: tracking human trafficking (with Prof. Mirjam van Reisen), 7th October 2015 held at the CTO, London. A high-level expert meeting as input to the Valetta Conference, with opening remarks by Peter Sutherland (UN SG Migration and Development), Sheila Keetaruth (UN SG Eritrea), Pierre Vimont, (Special Envoy Valletta Conference, by videolink), Baroness Kinnock of Holyhead.
Conferences for which Members of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D have served on advisory boards or steering committees
- e-Learning Africa 2006-2012
- ICIS 2017
- ICTD series of conferences 2012 (Atlanta), 2015 (Singapore)
- IFIP 8.6 2013 and IFIP 9.4 2015 and 2017
- Online Educa Berlin 2006-2103
- World Computer Congress 2010, Brisbane.
Conference sessions convened by Members of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D
- Expert Panel on the capabilities approach at ICTD2012 in Atlanta
- Convenor of session on mobiles, social media and democracy at ICTD2012 in Atlanta