The UNESCO Chair in ICT4D began to publish short monthly briefings by members of the Chair in October 2016. These cover diverse aspects of the field of ICT4D and are intended to be thought provoking and of interest to academics and practitioners alike.
- Gwilym Eades on ICT solutions in proactive disaster management (1.1 October 2016)
- Endrit Kromidha on Digital innovations for financial inclusiveness (1.2 November 2016)
- Tim Unwin and Bushra Hassan on Gender and ICTs – still a long way to go… (1.3 December 2016)
- Silvia Masiero on Big data for anti-poverty policies (2.1 January 2017)
- José-Rodrigo Córdoba-Pachon on Post-conflict and ICTs: coverage, stupidity or what else? (2.2 February 2017)
- David Banes on Localising and contextualising access technologies (2.3 March 2017)
- Lizzie Coles-Kemp on Innovating cyber-security engagement (2.4 April 2017)
- Amalia Sabiescu on Revisting our (disciplinary) geographies of development (2.5 May 2017)
- Tim Unwin on Reclaiming ICT4D (2.6 June 2017)
Forthcoming briefings include:
- Savita Bailur (2.7 July 2017)
- Sara Bernadini (2.8 August 2017)
- Jon Gregson (2.9 September 2017)
This series is edited by Endrit Kromidha, and we are very happy to receive offers of contributions from affiliated members of the UNESCO Chair and others. Please use our contact page to get in touch with Endrit, to whom all briefings should be submitted. Editorial instructions for our briefings are available here, and templates for authors here.