Members of the UNESCO Chair in ICT4D publish in a diversity of media and outlets. Some of our books, journal articles and chapters in edited books are listed below.
Books by Members of the Chair include:
- Eades, G. (2016) The Geography of Names: Indigenous to Post-Foundational, London: Taylor and Francis
- Eades, G. (2015) Maps and Memes: Redrawing Culture, Place and Identity in Indigenous Communities, Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
- Unwin, T. (ed.) (2009) ICT4D, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Unwin, T. (ed.) (1998 ) A European Geography, London: Addison Wesley Longman
- Owen, L. and Unwin, T. (eds) (1997) Environmental Management: Readings and Case Studies, Oxford: Blackwell
- Unwin, T. (ed.) (1994) Atlas of World Development, Chichester: Wiley
Some of our Members’ recent journal publications and book chapters include:
- E. W. Bernroider, G. Harindranath, S. Kamel (2016) A Comparative Analysis of Social Media Platforms and the Effects of the Internet Cut-Off for Egypt’s Social Transformation Movements, Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Information Resource Management (Conf-IRM), an AIS affiliate conference, May, Capetown, South Africa
- R. Dyerson, R. Spinelli & G. Harindranath (2016) Revisiting IT Readiness: An Approach for Small Firms, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 116(3), 546-563
- Kromidha, E. and Robson, P. (2016) Social identity and signalling success factors in online crowdfunding, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 1-26
- Kromidha, E. (2016) Crowdfunding and social identity in Northern and Latin America, Proceedings of the 6th Latin American and European Meeting on Organization Studies, 6-9 April 2016 . Viña del Mar, Chile, 2016.
- Harindranath, G., Bernroider, E. W. N. & Kamel, S. H. (2015) Social Media and Social Transformation Movements: The Role of Affordances and Platforms, Proceedings of the Twenty-Third European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Münster, Germany, 2015
- H. Lee, G. Harindranath, S. Oh, & D-J, Kim (2015) Provision of Mobile Banking Services from an Actor-Network Perspective: Implications for Convergence and Standardization, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 90 (Part B, January), pp. 551-561
- Unwin, T. (2015) ICTs and the dialectics of development, in: Cantoni, L. and Danowski, J.A. (eds) Communication and Technology, Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton, 193-214
- Unwin, T. (2015) Building “Multi-stakeholder” Consensus: the case of Internet Governance, Commonwealth Governance Handbook 2014-15, London: Nexus, 76-78
- Unwin, T. (2015) Evolution and prospects for the use of mobile technologies to improve education access and learning outcomes, Commissioned Paper for UNESCO Education for All, Global Monitoring Report, 2015, Paris; UNESCO
- Unwin, T. (2015) Broadband: achieving universal access in the Commonwealth, Ministers Reference Book: Commonwealth 2015, London: Henley Media Group, 153-156
- Unwin, T. (2015) Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships in Information and Communication for Development Interventions, in: International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication and Society, Chichester: Wiley, 1-10
- Kromidha, E., and Cordoba-Pachon, J. R. (2014) Bridging the gaps between e-government practice and research: A meta-study for policy development, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 27(1), 66-84.
- S. Rai, G. Harindranath, & J. Liebenau (2013) Editorial, Special Issue on ‘IT innovation in emerging economies’, Journal of Information Technology, 28, 4, pp.261-263
- Unwin, T. (2013) The Internet and Development: a critical perspective, in: Dutton, W. (ed) The Oxford Handbook of Internet Studies, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 531-54
- Kromidha, E. (2012) Strategic e-government development and the role of benchmarking, Government Information Quarterly, 29(4), 573-581.
- Unwin, T. (2012) Social media, democracy and good governance, in Commonwealth Governance Handbook 2012/13: Democracy, Development and Public Administration, London: for the Commonwealth Secretariat by Nexus, 44-46
- Unwin, T. (2012) Challenges of financing ICTs in marginal contexts, in Commonwealth Finance Ministers Reference Book 2012, London: Henley Media Group for the Commonwealth Secretariat, 191-194
- Unwin, T. (2012) Challenging educational norms: wisdom from the web, in: Sadowsky, G. (ed.) Accelerating Development Using the Web: Empowering Poor and Marginalized Populations, World Wide Web Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation, p.119-130.
- M.K. Sein & G. Harindranath (2004) Conceptualising the ICT artefact: Towards understanding the role of ICT in national development, The Information Society, 20(1), pp. 15-24